Green Gathering 2023: Everything You Need to Know
Go off the grid at Green Gathering, the original eco-friendly festival powered by 100% renewable energy. Held in beautiful Piercefield Park, the festival puts you in the heart of the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) in Chepstow.
What’s Green Gathering all about? The event combines a creativity-fuelled festival atmosphere with a ‘leave-nothing-but-footprints’ philosophy. Organisers aim to venture “beyond hedonism” and create an environment where creativity steps up as a genuine solution to social and environmental issues.
“Join us for four days of low impact living in an area of outstanding beauty, every nook and corner bursting with music, creativity, natural abundance and community spirit,” reads the Green Gathering website.
What to expect at Green Gathering
Expect a huge range of musical entertainment, from grassroots folk bands and bohemian singer-songwriters to electrifying DJs and psychedelic sound experiences. All hosted on intimate, solar-powered stages. Catch thought-provoking poetry readings, take part in hands-on craft workshops and learn about the art of permaculture.
Organisers are passionate about meaningful connections and say the festival exists to help patrons “share wisdom and skills; find friends old and new; weave, weld and tell stories”.
A glimpse at the 2023 Green Gathering line-up
- Bristol-based producer with a unique “East meets West” sound, Indian Man
- Award-winning author and poet, Salena Godden
- Eccentric folk and free-form dance group, Mobius Loop
- Folk meets tribal dance group, The Trouble Notes
When is Green Gathering?
In 2023 Green Gathering will take place from Thursday, August 3rd to Sunday, August 6th.
- Camping opens on Thursday at 12pm
- Festival gates open from Friday to Sunday from 10am to 10pm
Camping at Green Gathering
Full-access tickets include permission to camp in the picturesque, tree-framed meadows next to the festival site. The views are gorgeous and stretch across the Wye Valley and Severn Estuary. Pitch your tent close to the action of claim a secluded spot on the edge of the woods.
As well as self-contained camping, there are luxury options in the Glamping Glade. These include bell tents, yurts and tipis.
Discover low impact living at Green Gathering
Low impact living is at the core of Green Gathering. Here’s a glimpse of what to expect as far as services go:
- Onsite composting toilets, plus standard portable toilets
- Spacious ‘moon loos’ with sinks for women on menstrual cycles
- Access to clean drinking water
- Basic showers
- A wood-fired sauna
- Bring a water bottle – no plastic bottles are sold on festival grounds
- Bring your own mug to reduce single-use waste
- Pack eco-friendly toiletries
- Leave your wet wipes and glitter at home
- Charge your phone at solar-powered stations
- Bring cash for food and drinks
Nick, your trusted guide to Wales travel and exploration, shares a deep passion for this enchanting land. With years of exploration, Nick offers expert insights into the best of Wales. Join him on a journey through its captivating history, culture, and hidden gems, as he inspires you to create unforgettable Wales travel experiences.